peter pendergrass | artist, etc.
click headings to expand or contract.
1 march 2014 - for the months of march and april 2014, peter will be working as an artist-in-residence with sím (the icelandic association of visual artists) in reykjavík, iceland. upon his return to the united states, he will be working with queerlab to produce the second issue of i don't do boxes, titled out loud. submissions for out loud are open through 7 april! click here for more details.
if you would like to receive e-mail updates about peter's upcoming projects, please subscribe through google groups. click here to access the group page.
originally from greensboro, nc, peter pendergrass is an interdisciplinary and multimedia artist. his diverse work combines many approaches, including graphic, sculptural, installation, performance, digital, video, and sound media. he has produced and exhibited visual and performance works in association with numerous arts organizations, both independently and as an artist in residence, on the east and west coasts of the united states and abroad.
for a full version, please contact me.
- b.f.a. with highest honors | studio art (mixed media / printmaking)| university of north carolina - chapel hill | 2011.
- b.a. with highest honors | communication studies (performance studies) | university of north carolina - chapel hill | 2011.
select awards + special recognition:
- artist-in-residence at sim, reykjavik, iceland | 2014.
- st. anthony educational foundation grant recipient | 2014.
- artist-in-residence at elsewhere artist collaborative in greensboro, nc | 2013.
- selected with signify, santify, believe! to present at portland state university's open engagement conference on art and social practice in conjunction with a group residency at xhurch | 2012.
- pearman grant from the unc-ch department of art | 2011.
- selected with ashley florence + matt henderson to present at portland state university's open engagement conference on art and social practice in conjunction with a group residency at xhurch | 2011.
- kachergis undergraduate art award from the unc-ch department of art | 2010.
- john + june allcott undergraduate travel fellowship from the unc-ch department of art | 2010.
select performances + exhibitions:
- title | venue | location | date.
- april artists-in-residence exhibition | sím gallery | reykjavík, iceland | april 2014.
- vinnslan | tjarnarbíó | reykjavík, iceland | march 2014.
- march artists-in-residence exhibition | sím gallery | reykjavík, iceland | march 2014.
- forecast | elsewhere artist collaborative | greensboro, nc | september 2013.
- limited connectivity | rock paper scissors collective | oakland, ca | august 2013.
- sanctuWHEREium | elsewhere artist collaborative | greensboro, nc | 2013.
- (YOU YOURSELF WE WE ARE ARE WE) EVEN HERE <? | the lab | san francisco, ca | 2013.
- signify, santify, believe! performance residency | xhurch | portland, or | 2012.
- in experience | john + june allot gallery, unc-ch | chapel hill, nc | 2011.
- eating animals | swain hall, unc-ch | chapel hill, nc | november 2011.
- dreamlife | the artery | chapel hill, nc | 2011.
- untitled solo exhibition | nightlight bar + club | chapel hill, nc | 2010.
- STERILIZE the performance collective | nightlight bar + club / the pinhook | chapel hill / durham, nc | 2010.
- the activist | swain hall, unc-ch | chapel hill, nc | 2010.
twitter / ig : @pppcccppp
with collaborators + friends:
all day records.
dianna potter / paper tiger.
the east bay alternative book + zine fest.
elsewhere artist collaborative.
hella vegan eats.
i don't do boxes.
the queer explorer's club.
rock paper scissors collective.
signify, sanctify, believe.
sím / the icelandic association of visual artists.
unc-chapel hill studio art.