peter pendergrass | artist, etc.
click headings to expand or contract.
15 september 2014.since wrapping up queerlab programming at elsewhere in early june, i've been relatively quiet. this summer went by so quickly, and it had a strange feeling throughout. i spent most of the season in raleigh, toying with the idea of living there since i've been working a day job nearby. while i'm sure raleigh is a fine place to live, i ultimately decided to settle in carrboro for a few months, at least until i figure out what my next big geographical step is going to be. at the moment it seems very likely that i will move back west long-term. when i first moved to california, i intended for it to be temporary. just like i needed to leave north carolina after living here my whole life through college, i also needed to come back for a while after staying away for so long. being back residentially rather than as a visitor for the past few months has been good overall, but i feel a pull, and there are a variety of omens that i'm interpreting as cosmic advice to head back to california. i'm not sure exactly when it will happen, but that's the current horizon.
if you would like to receive e-mail updates about peter's upcoming projects, please subscribe through google groups. click here to access the group page.
originally from greensboro, nc, peter pendergrass is an interdisciplinary and multimedia artist. his diverse work combines many approaches, including graphic, sculptural, installation, performance, digital, video, and sound media. he has produced and exhibited visual and performance works in association with numerous arts organizations, both independently and as an artist in residence, on the east and west coasts of the united states and abroad.
for a full version, please contact me.
- bfa with highest honors | studio art (mixed media / printmaking)| university of north carolina - chapel hill | 2011.
- ba with highest honors | communication studies (performance studies) | university of north carolina - chapel hill | 2011.
select performances + exhibitions:
- title | venue | location | date.
- from north carolina to south korea, directed by liz magic laser + wendy osserman | memorial hall, unc-ch | chapel hill, nc | september 2014.
- un~straight art | durham arts place | durham, nc | august-september 2014.
- AJYE (april artists-in-residence exhibition) | sím gallery | reykjavík, iceland | april 2014.
- vinnslan 7 | tjarnarbíó | reykjavík, iceland | march 2014.
- the cartographer's kitchen (march artists-in-residence exhibition) | sím gallery | reykjavík, iceland | march 2014.
- forecast | elsewhere artist collaborative | greensboro, nc | september 2013.
- limited connectivity | rock paper scissors collective | oakland, ca | august 2013.
- sanctuWHEREium | elsewhere artist collaborative | greensboro, nc | 2013.
- (YOU YOURSELF WE WE ARE ARE WE) EVEN HERE <? | the lab | san francisco, ca | 2013.
- signify, santify, believe! performance residency | xhurch | portland, or | 2012.
- in experience | john + june allot gallery, unc-ch | chapel hill, nc | 2011.
- eating animals | swain hall, unc-ch | chapel hill, nc | november 2011.
- dreamlife | the artery | chapel hill, nc | 2011.
- untitled solo exhibition | nightlight bar + club | chapel hill, nc | 2010.